Serbian for ADULTS
Time flies when you're having lesson with us
Interesting facts about Serbian language
- Serbian language has one of the easiest alphabets in the world!
- George Bernard Shaw, a famous Irish writer, was so impressed by Serbian alphabet that he even left a sum of money in his will to an Englishman who manages to reform and simplify the English alphabet to be modeled after Serbian Cyrillic alphabet (following the rule “one letter, one voice”). No one has won the award yet!
- Serbian is the only European language with active digraphia. This means that it uses two writing systems – both the Latin and Cyrillic alphabets.
- This is actually a sentence in Serbian and the best example of how complex our accent system is:
Gore gore gore gore. (The forests up there burn worse)
- Even Johann Wolfgang von Goethe learned Serbian! He was fascinated with Serbian epic poems!
After learning Serbian...
You will be able to understand Balašević’s songs!
You will never again pay a taxi in Belgrade more than you should!
You will also know Montenegrin, Bosnian and Croatian.
You will be able to understand Macedonian and Slovenian.
You will think that you are able to speak Russian language as well. 😊
What we offer
- We organize courses for all levels: A1-C2.
- We teach about Serbian culture, not just language and grammar.
- We teach how to use language in everyday situations.
- We keep things casual and we have a lot of fun during the lessons – you will remember easier and understand better any kind of language rule if you hear interesting side story or a joke along with it
- We use new technologies in language learning and make learning fast, efficient and exciting.
- personalized lessons
- timetable that fits into your schedule
- different length of lessons
- focus on speaking skills
- specialized additional materials
- immersion in Serbian culture
- learning in small groups (2 – 5 people)
- focus on speaking skills
- dynamic lessons
- weekend lessons
What our students say about us:
“I have been learning Serbian language in Modern talking school for a year now, and it has been an excellent experience! Sonja teaches with patience, creativity, and variety of approaches that even the slowest learners like me will thoroughly appreciate. Being able to speak Serbian allows me to interact very differently with all people around me, a must for a UN worker. Hvala puno!”
“Our company has founded a subsidiary in Serbia early 2020 and soon after that I have started to learn Serbian with Sonja. My time is usually rather tight, what means I need some flexibility regarding my classes. Also, it is important to me to be able to discuss or learn specific topics about my job or about my plans in Serbia. Both requirements are 100% covered with Sonja and I would say even more! Our classes are interesting, diversified and many times tailored exactly to my needs. I strongly recommend Sonja and Modern Talking!”
“Learning Serbian with Sonja is personalized, she soon realizes how you want to work and makes the lessons around it. In my case I want to learn less grammar more full sentences for my daily life in Serbia and she uses a mix of both. Simplifying Serbian language is not easy, but Sonja makes it seem like it. Thank you!”